Hello again friends, I am back!
First impressions of America,
- As I first touched down in Los Angeles 5 days ago, I thought to myself, "This place is just like the movies." Funnily enough, this is the very same LA in which a lot of movies are actually filmed, so naturally it makes sense.
But more than that, the people with their thick accents and mannerisms. Every one in ten people have big Ford pick up trucks, just like in every American college film... It's not just in the movies guys! I have not been here for too long but for a country that I had not intended to immediately travel too, it is not too different from life in Australia. Everything is the same, yet slightly different, almost like a parallel world. We both have dollars, but with different coins and notes. Both have subway, yet with different menus. The culture is different enough for it to be a change of scenery, but at the same time it is similar enough to not be too much of a stretch to my comfort zone. One of the best things about being in America so far is that the temperature is rather low here in Wisconsin, and it will be snowing in the coming months. How fun! A nice change from the usual humidity and high temperatures. All in all I am far away from home and the amount of people that I know here I can count on one hand, but what is life without a little risk?
My house away from home,
- This is where I am currently staying, one of the three YWAM buildings which make up the Madison campus. Named, the "Phos House" as it is a fraternity house for the local University of Wisconsin (UW) in which some of the students are living here also. There is the distinct feeling of a 'hostel' to the Phos House, which is not a bad thing at all as hostels are a great place to meet people from all sorts of places with many stories to tell. UW has a total student population of 44,000, with around about 13,000 of those being internationals. There are some students here from the East Asian area as well as now, Australia! I will be here until the Lord leads me away to my next destination, which is currently an unknown place at an unknown time. As of right now, I expect this to be my living arrangements until around Christmas time.
Thank you, to all of my dear friends and family who have supported me on my journey of faith and helped to get me to this point. Your support of me in this season of my walk is truly appreciated.
Blessings to you all, my friends and family, from America.
Aaron
Isaiah 5:19 - Let the Holy one of Israel carry out His plan.


No comments:
Post a Comment